• Question: How do I find out the reason for jail time for a person in the 1920s or 1930s?
    By Evelyn
    Mar 05, 2018

I had the name of the jail, so I called them directly. They put me through to a very nice older gentleman. I first told me it may take some time to find the information, but they kept all records since the prison opened. He called me back in a couple minutes to get my email. He copied the information and emailed it. So much easier than I expected.

Jul 15, 2018

• Question: How do I find out the outcome of a court appearance today?
    By Ity
    Sep 08, 2017
  • Question: How can I get a copy of a prisoners photo say from about 30 years ago and has pasted away
    By DK
    Aug 14, 2017
  • Question: How can you find if someone is paying taxes
    By Nell
    Feb 07, 2017
  • Question: Can I do an online search for a warrant
    Dec 12, 2016
  • Question: Where do I find information on free public court records?
    By Angie
    Jan 10, 2016

Your county circuit court clerk should be able to provide you requested information

By Beth
    Jan 30, 2016

If you're looking for bankruptcy or state level court cases, check the court search above under Kentucky Free Court Records Search. Records are generally from individual agencies and can appear anywhere online once published. The state of Kentucky's courts webpage also allows an open search of their cases, but will give you case numbers and party information. You can also see where the case is since it is a statewide search.

Apr 29, 2016

• Question: How can I find out if someone has been indicted by grand jury?
    By Edz
    Aug 30, 2016
  • Question: My mother passed in April of 2015, looking for her revocable will settlement results. -my sister will not let me see the will. I am the oldest daughter of my mom.Paula said the estate has been settled.
    By Rebecca
    Apr 29, 2016

If the will was probated, filed at the courthouse, the court records/files are public. Trusts are not public, nor is the will while the person is still alive, generally, I'm not sure if there are any exceptions to it. When the person makes changes to their trust, such as transfer/name assets in it, they should send a copy or notify of the updates.

Jul 18, 2016

• Question: What website can you so you go to find child support warrants
    By strawberry
    Jul 07, 2016
  • Question: How can you find out for free online about if someone has a warrant issued
    By Frank
    Jun 06, 2016

Yes, you can, do you know where is the warrant out of? Which court? or area/city/county

By a1
    Jun 07, 2016

It would be Madison county and Taylor county ky

By Frank
    Jun 08, 2016

You can start by checking individual city warrant lists in the counties. Richmond has a warrants list online open to anyone to check. There are other factors, is it a municipal/traffic warrant as so many are. You can see what is available by looking into each city and county's courts and law enforcement webstie. There's also a free warrant search from the Kentucky state police. There are contact numbers to the county/city clerk's offices through their sites where you will find how to check for warrants also, some have it online and other do not asking for the public to call in.

By a1
    Jun 08, 2016

Thank you so much I truly appreciate your help and time

Jun 09, 2016

• Question: How do u find out if someone is driving on suspended license
    Mar 18, 2016

You can check a driver's 3 year history records from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's website. The five year search is not public, however, a three year is public record and can be requested by the general public online. There's a small fee (3 bucks), but you will be able to see driving restrictions, status, license expiration and traffic violations. Personal information (gender, age, date of birth and SSN) and accident information are not included as in the 5 year non public record contains. Hope that helps!

By admn1
    Jun 07, 2016

• Question: Are there any Articles about incident where a person drove car through mall and killed several people?
    May 13, 2016
  • Question: How can I find the birth certificates of my grandfather and grandmother, born around 1861?
    By Maria
    Apr 28, 2016
  • Question: How can I find when my mother and Dad were married? They are deceased.
    By Barb
    Jan 02, 2016

Marriage records of the deceased, specially more than fifty years old have been archived by many record keepers (county clerks etc...). If you know where the marriage happened, you can look up the clerk for that area to see how far they go. You may run into a fee, either online or on site, depends on where you need to get it from.

By admn1
    Apr 22, 2016

• Question: How many cases were filed in Kentucky in the years 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010, and 2015, and under what courts were they filed?
    By Katy
    Apr 10, 2016
  • Question: How to find out if bank and insurance company claimed monies on deceased spouse by placing my home in foreclosure
    By Reedy
    Mar 17, 2016
  • Question: Is my misdemeanor charge from 2001, still on my record
    By Melissa
    Jan 26, 2016
  • Question: I let my brother move in to my house. A year later he told me he could not insure the house unless his name was added. As a temp.situation I added his name. I moved back to find all my property gone and he fild a civil suit to try and make me sale the house. I have been trying to fight this on my own. It is set for trial now but I need some help with this matter.
    By Bobby
    Jan 16, 2016

If there is a specific type of record you are looking for that will helpful, you can search this self help directory, which is the purpose of the content. You can search for free records, or pay a private services to do it for you. Take a look at the information that is available for free first. Ask for what you need specifically in posts, just laying out a series of events will not be helpful. This site is advantageous when you're looking for public records and their sources.

By terr123
    Jan 18, 2016

• Question: HOW CAN I FIND A LIST OF PAST CARS I HAVE OWNED IN KENTUCKY
    By AKARENN
    Dec 28, 2015
  • Question: How can I find out what charges have been filed against an individual
    By barbara
    May 31, 2015

Criminal charges appear in the case file at the courthouse. Although criminal case files are generally public records and open to inspection, there are exceptions that can be imposed from one court to another, you can see these exceptions on the courts' webpages. Felony cases are filed in Circuit courts, which is the state's court of general jurisdiction. Kentucky's judicial website offers a free case search online. It will not give you the case file or much information at all, you may need to request it and pay a fee to see exactly what you are looking for. Are these charges/case new? Which county/city did this happen? The Kentucky court of justice also has a criminal record report the public can request if it would be helpful in this case. Many of these courts if not all have same day walk in services, attorneys use couriers for this purpose.

Dec 17, 2015

It's on the criminal complaint

By dan
    Dec 17, 2015

• Question: Drivers license record
    By kkgirl
    Dec 16, 2015
  • Question: My great uncle Charles or Carles -- was 12 years old when we believe he murdered his Uncle Charley -- in Kentucky in 1932. How can I find out if Carles or Carlos -- did time for murder?
    By Becky
    Dec 12, 2015
  • Question: I requested to have my misdemeanor expunged in 2001. How can I find out if it was for sure?
    By debi
    Sep 16, 2015
  • Question: How can I look at my own arrest record free?
    By Adrian
    Aug 26, 2015

Depends on where the arrest took place, some departments allow the individual in the report to obtain them without having to pay the regular fee. Most departments have a webpage with instructions on how to get them and if it costs a fee.

By admn-resp
    Aug 26, 2015

I know it was in Newport

By Adrian
    Aug 26, 2015

There's a records division in that police department, their webpage says "The staff greets visitors and processes requests for information, such as record checks and copies of reports, and directs inquiries to the appropriate office." There's contact information where people start the process of requesting it.

By admn-resp
    Aug 27, 2015

By Adrian
    Aug 27, 2015

How can my sister and I look at her own record in Kentucky? She got arrested in Henderson

By Workhard
    Sep 17, 2015

The city of Henderson has their own police department and website which shows you how to get reports. Getting your own reports and someone else’s is different in procedures and accessibility. Some police departments allow a free copy if the arrest report is of your own. The division of records and statistics under court services in Kentucky Court of Justice's website claims that it provides criminal records and reports collected by the state's court system. This can be done online, costs a twenty dollar fee, but, will save you time and work. To look up free records, you can start with the court clerk's site, under services, looking up public records is listed. They can be contacted and see if simply looking up records without copies would cost.

Sep 17, 2015

• Question: How can I find out if my brother is still alive. Would be 93 years old.A
    By Cookie
    Sep 12, 2015
  • Question: How can I find out a federal court date for someone in London ky. for September 2015
    By red
    Aug 10, 2015

Is the case within the past year? You can search free federal court records back to 2014 here with just a name search

By a
    Aug 24, 2015

• Question: Find all records of my mom
    By vica56
    Aug 19, 2015

All records are not public. There are specific records which are open to the public, there's a list of providers where you can find different public records. Specific records have different request policies and process, which depends on the agency.

Aug 24, 2015

• Question: How can I Find out If my daughter show up for court and when her court is?
    By jmo
    Aug 03, 2015
  • Question: How can I find out the verdict of an indictment?
    By poepoe
    Jul 23, 2015
  • Question: I would like to see mugshot
    By mary
    Jul 07, 2015

You can go directly to the sheriff's department site and look up persons that are locked up. Which county or law enforcement department made the arrest?

By a1
    Jul 09, 2015

• Question: How do you see I someone has a warrant on file?
    By jack
    Jul 07, 2015
  • Question: I would like to see my mug shot
    Jul 01, 2015
  • Question: How can I get copy of husbands will
    By Christy
    Jun 27, 2015
  • Question: I need the number of times police were called to a residence
    By jude
    Jun 22, 2015

Which city is the residence located in? Crime mapping shows crimes that happen block by block. Not all police departments are covered by crime mapping.

By admn-resp
    Jun 22, 2015

Union

By jude
    Jun 24, 2015

Try one of the many crime mapping, even with simple serps you’ll be able to find it as Union county is covered, depending where. There are two crimes which show up when you first pull it up, you can change the date and drag the view from one area to another. If it is in Louisville, you’re in luck as their crime data by address and date is reely open to the public. Go to Louisville’s official site, and go to the police webpage, click on the crime information tab on the left and you will see a menu, then click on crime mapping, thereafter click on 'Open Data Portal Crime Data.'. There's also a link to crime mapping which can save you from looking for it online.

Jun 24, 2015

• Question: How can I see if someone is married
    By LS
    Jun 17, 2015
  • Question: CAN I GET A DIVORCE RECORD
    May 26, 2015

There are three factors to consider: Is it the requestor's own divorce or of someone else? Was the divorce prior to June 1958? It would be archived if before this date. The county/city location is not important as the certificate can be requested from the Kentucky's Vital Statistics office. However, if you need to get court record in one of the state's 71 counties, you will need to know location of the filing.

May 28, 2015

• Question: What is the average sentence for an 2nd offense failure to maintain insurance
    By doug
    May 28, 2015
  • Question: How do I get a copy of my dads will? My stepmom said he left everything to her...and he has passed away due to gross negligence and now a pending lawsuit. I am lost with all this. I haven't seen a will and she is wanting me and my older brother to sign a paper making her Executrix of the will... what to do?? LeighAnne
    May 26, 2015
  • Question: How do I find records of a certain home that may have been condemned before I purchased the home?
    By nakia
    May 26, 2015
  • Question: 1979 fire that killed mother and 4 children in Kentucky
    By susan
    May 18, 2015

Local libraries offer public access to periodicals which contain newsworthy events. Since the incident may not be a widely noteworthy event, smaller papers/publications may still carry that story. Where in Kentucky the incident occurred is important as different libraries have more or less services.

May 22, 2015

• Question: I know someone who claims to have serious charges on their record and that bothers me. I am wondering why I cannot find them in here.
    By Joe
    May 03, 2015
  • Question: How do I get a copy of a will from the 1950s
    By vicki
    May 02, 2015
  • Question: I was adopted 37 years ago, how do I unseal my records.
    By Wane
    Apr 22, 2015
  • Question: How do I find info on criminal background for free
    By wondering
    Mar 31, 2015

You need to do a lot of the work on your own. A person’s background information can be found in many different places online or by going to the record keepers’ physical location. Several factors determine how your search is conducted and will result. Public records can come in many bits and pieces of information. With that in mind, you will need to fish out some of the records in parts. Begin with what you already know of the person. A good tip to begin with is to look up all the addresses and notice where traces can be of older records can be found also. It is recommended that you look up all free information first regardless. The county courthouse is a place where many records from bankruptcies, criminal cases and divorces can be found. Some court venues will offer online services, however, these services often carry a fee. A way to get around paying the fees can be by going to the location in person to view files. Once the files are checked out, you can either make copies or just view them and move on to the next record. Public record sites list as many useful free databases as possible, including sites that may not readily appear online, facilitating a more expansive search. Similar to casting a net, the larger the scope of your search is, the more results you will catch. It is normal to start with a small amount of profile information, as the search will pick up more data and expand the scope. An example are maiden names found, which would expand the search to include maiden names. Property records reveal if a spouse is named on the deed. As more information surfaces, the more expansive your search will become. Free databanks can be found scattered over the net. Few examples are inmate searches, which can be of local and state institutions, business filings with the secretary of state, land or real estate ownership searches from Property Valuation Administrator and more.

Apr 17, 2015

• Question: How do I get police arrest records and court papers from Kentucky?
    By Rene
    Mar 16, 2015
  • Question: How do I get police reports from Kentucky
    By Calder
    Mar 13, 2015
  • Question: Can I get a copy of my fathers death certificate from 1982?
    By Glen
    Mar 12, 2015
  • Question: How do I find out if I have any outstanding warrants.
    By amy
    Feb 20, 2015
  • Question: Where can I get the police reports from my uncle's suicide?
    By Angie
    Feb 14, 2015
  • Question: How do I get a divorce record from warren county ?
    By bob