• Question: Where can I look at the public records without having to pay to see them? (Louisiana)
    By Sue
    Nov 30, 2017

There are open court record searches without paying, try the Louisiana Free Court Records Search above. Also Individual county clerks, depending on their public services, provide case and docket searches. Police departments (such as Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office) publish inmate lists and more. If you want access to records without paying, you will need to dig them up, in many cases one record at a time from each entity. To see how others have accessed records, search answers and questions by using the form above.

By abc123
    Nov 30, 2017

• Question: I would like to know if I could get a copy of a police record of something that happened 42 yrs ago?
    By ILLana
    Oct 29, 2017
  • Question: How do I find out if I am actually a convicted felon?
    By Vernon
    Sep 18, 2017
  • Question: How do I obtain a copy of a 911 call that I made?
    By Debbie
    May 24, 2017

Which city/department was the call made to?

By adan12
    May 24, 2017

I don't know. I am in 225 area code and I just dialed "911"

By Debbie
    May 24, 2017

I live in East Baton Rouge parish but I didn't realize I had crossed over into East Ascension parish when I made the call.

By Debbie
    May 24, 2017

I guess they called East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office to report the accident.

By Debbie
    May 24, 2017

You can try crime mapping sites? There are several sites and not all are the same as they cover different areas. They show the incident call to the police for a specific area by city block.

By adan12
    May 24, 2017

• Question: How can I find rather my husband has filed for divorce?
    By Lisa
    Oct 16, 2016

Filing a divorce is similar to filing any other lawsuit. The divorce is filed with the clerk of court, most of them have an online civil case search. You can do these searches on your own with the public access.

By abc123
    Jan 18, 2017

• Question: How can I find information and details about someone being robbed at gunpoint on East Boyd 10/02/2016 or if it was ever reported?
    By Concerned
    Oct 03, 2016

Try several sites which offer crime mapping. You can see police calls/responses by block address.

By fallon
    Jan 18, 2017

• Question: How do I find out if my cps case worker or court took custody from me, and awarded my children's father any type of custody?
    By Kristi
    Nov 07, 2016
  • Question: Where I can fiend a business public record of Dago's Cantina inc?
    By Mark
    Jul 26, 2016

This is from the Louisiana secretary of state's business filings search database which is open to the public freely. Name Type City Status DAGO'S CANTINA, INC. Business Corporation METAIRIE Active Previous Names Business: DAGO'S CANTINA, INC. Charter Number: 34921121D Registration Date: 4/5/2000 Domicile Address 1713 DISNEY ST METAIRIE, LA 700035741 Mailing Address P.O. BOX 1093 KENNER, LA 700631093 Principal Office Address 1713 DISNEY ST METAIRIE, LA 700035741 Status Status: Active Annual Report Status: In Good Standing File Date: 4/5/2000 Last Report Filed: 6/6/2016 Type: Business Corporation Registered Agent(s) Agent: JOHN A. TODESCO SR. Address 1: 1713 DISNEY ST City, State, Zip: METAIRIE, LA 70003-5741 Appointment Date: 4/5/2000 Officer(s) Additional Officers: No Officer: JOHN A. TODESCO SR. Title: President Address 1: 1713 DISNEY DR City, State, Zip: METAIRIE, LA 700035741 Officer: JENNIFER T. PRADAT Title: Secretary Address 1: 408 S FASHION BLVD City, State, Zip: HAHNVILLE, LA 70057 Amendments on File (1) Description Date Appointing, Change, or Resign of Officer 10/27/2009

By arthurjames
    Jul 26, 2016

• Question: How can I get someone's home address to put them on child support
    By Rita
    Jun 29, 2016
  • Question: How can I find a ticket I owe money for but don't remember. Suppose to be a ticket for traffic something idk
    By Katie
    Jun 16, 2016
  • Question: How do I check for a civil lawsuit filed on behalf of my deceased brother in 1987?
    By Marcelle
    May 29, 2016

Look up electronic court records, here's an example: Ascension Clerk of Court Electronic Search System ("ACCESS") Civil Suits Records July, 1982 to present. This would cover the records you're looking for as far as the time span goes. Without mentioning where the case was filed, it's hard to say whether your situation is different. There's a link above to Louisiana courts, once you're on the state's judicial website, scroll down to where you see a hyperlink to "Clerks of court", that will take you to a list of clerks with their websites. That's how "Ascension Clerk of Court Electronic Search System ("ACCESS")" was found.

May 31, 2016

• Question: How can I find arrest records from 2007?
    By Lexi
    Apr 27, 2016
  • Question: Arrest records in the past four days?
    By Thet
    Mar 19, 2016

Go directly to the arresting department's website. Arrest information is public and the police have a way to notify where arrested people are being held. You can look up many of the arrests reported in the news wires. Look for the local paper or any paper which would have the arrests. Thereafter, if you need to find out more, you can check the court's criminal filings, dockets, calendars and so on.

By steed
    Apr 26, 2016

• Question: How to get divorce degree?
    By None
    Apr 13, 2016

If you are one of the spouses, the Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, state registrar and vital records. Better than going to individual parish clerks and requesting them. Divorces have to be submitted to the vital records office by the 10th of the following month. Certificates of Divorce or Annulment and obtained form parish clerks.

By adonis
    Apr 26, 2016

• Question: How to get active warrants search?
    By brbeyrzx
    Mar 27, 2016

These searches are different from one area/agency to another. Take Baton Rouge for example, their active warrant search is open to the public through their webpage under City court lookup. So it depends on the area and how to get them.

Apr 01, 2016

• Question: How can I get a copy of my marriage license from 1977
    By Kathleen
    Mar 10, 2016
  • Question: How can I get arrest records from 1990
    Feb 18, 2016
  • Question: Are death records available?
    By betty
    Feb 11, 2016

Louisiana's secretary of state's death records search is open to public viewing without having to pay, certified copies are issued and its information about how to are also on that webpage. You can narrow the search by parish or conduct the search by name. If you don't know the exact spelling, names appear as you're typing, which is helpful.

By aa
    Feb 16, 2016

• Question: How can I obtain information about an accidental shooting death that happened in april, 1970?
    By betty
    Feb 11, 2016
  • Question: Trying to locate my ancestors property lost acres of property in the name if my grand fathers property. Located in Louisiana
    By Yvette
    Feb 06, 2016
  • Question: How can I get my police report on a DUI arrest I got?
    By sheshe
    Jan 12, 2015

Depends on where it was, as in which police department, you can look up how to request a DUI report directly from their site's records webpage. Some departments have a policy of not charging for the first copy under some circumstances.

By lucy
    Jan 18, 2016

• Question: How can I find out who owns land in taylortown
    By via
    Jan 11, 2016
  • Question: What is false imprisonment, and how long can a detainer stay on you.
    By Nick
    Jan 08, 2016
  • Question: How can I obtain a missing person report
    By Shorty
    Jan 01, 2016
  • Question: Where can I find records about the property I'm living in?
    By dietz
    Dec 18, 2015
  • Question: Arrest made by louisiana state police on I-10 on July 27 2015?
    By Anonymous
    Jul 27, 2015

Was there a transfer of the arrest to a local agency/jail? Generally, the local police make a majority of the arrests, therefore, requests of arrest reports are made to the individual departments. The Louisiana state police's website offers online forms for crash/accident reports and other services, but makes no mention of arrests. This contact information is from the Office of State Police, here is their contact information Photo Lab, D-3, PO Box 66614, Baton Rouge, LA 70896, (225) 925-3518

Dec 11, 2015

• Question: PLEASE HELP MY HUSBAND IS INCARCERATED AND SAID HE FILED FOR DIVORCE IN CATAHOULA CORR CTR, HOW CAN I FIND THIS INFORMATION OUT TO SEE IF HE REALLY DID,BECAUSE IF HE DIDN'T I NEED TO FILE A.S.A.P CAN NOT FIND ANY RECORDS AND DONT KNOW WHERE TO START...
    By POCAHONTAS
    Nov 17, 2015
  • Question: How can I get a copy of my criminal record?
    By cindy
    Sep 01, 2015

You can order a Louisiana Department of Public Safety background check online from their own site. You will need to register, however, it is open to the public. Since it is for yourself, criminal records should be easier to view due to privacy not being an issue. When you are receiving your criminal report, you can check and see who else can get them. Court file searches can also show criminal records which won't appear in a background check for various reasons, such as cases that have been recently filed.

Oct 19, 2015

• Question: HOW CAN I GET ACCESS TO TAX ID LIST OF NEW BUSINESS
    By CONNIE
    Sep 21, 2015
  • Question: Is someones arrest record public?
    By zach
    Aug 14, 2015

There are arrest records and arrest reports which are requested from the individual police department that made the arrest. Arrest record pertains to any information of someone's arrest. For example, inmates lists from the Louisiana Department of Corrections, local sheriffs departments' arrested offenders or inmate lists. You can find arrest information released by news organizations. Criminal court case files are open to the public. Public criminal records or arrest reports are not necessarily free, departments can charge to provide them.

Sep 15, 2015

• Question: An family member arrested on gun charges. How to find arrest
    By Tee
    Aug 06, 2015
  • Question: How do I find an arrest record for a person?
    Jul 15, 2015

You need to find the county where the arrest took place. Then you can contact the police department in that county or look up how to request an arrest (or any type of police report) on their site. It's a common request, but there is a process with certain qualifications.

Jul 31, 2015

• Question: How to find out who owns property in louisiana
    By ray
    Jun 30, 2015
  • Question: Who owns the residence at 124 Monroe still.
    By Chris
    Jun 19, 2015
  • Question: How do I find my La. state wages record for 1970-1972 Louisiana
    By Sandra
    Jun 18, 2015
  • Question: How can I get a criminal records on someone?
    By Sharon
    Feb 23, 2015

You can perform a search on your own by simply using available public government websites presently online. You will be also able to see what is available and what is more difficult to get as public records. Begin with the easy ones such as pulling up offender searches from the department of corrections or individual small department inmate lists. Public record sites show the most utilized free public government websites, and many have great data. It helps to know a few details such as a list of addresses to make sure and check all areas that the persons being searched has been, including out of state residences. The purpose of your search also matters if you’re an employer, or you are searching your own records to see what others can view about you. The state of Louisiana is not amongst the top of the most open and accessible public records, this may not only be the effect of laws, but technological capability to put the information online.

May 29, 2015

• Question: How can I get someones criminal records?
    By duane
    May 12, 2015

There are several factors which affects obtaining criminal records. There are easy means as well and methods that require more work. One major factor is how much you already know, which county or state do you need to look into? Will you need to search other states? These points are just some to consider when beginning your search. Are you an employer? Are you looking up your own records to see what is out there? Employers and self searches do not need to meet the same standards to request criminal records. There are free ways to get criminal records, mostly depends on how much you want to look online. You can begin to freely look up recent arrests and offenders in custody, including convicts that have been released. Another option is by going to the courthouse, or checking court services online which can include free searches. Some courts allow the public to request records but do not charge unless a copy is requested.

May 19, 2015

• Question: How can I get a birth record for a child they placed up for adoption almost 10 years ago?
    By Lacey
    Mar 14, 2015
  • Question: Where can I find a record of my emancipation?
    By mike
    Jan 16, 2015
  • Question: How long does a person have to do when they missed a court date
    By lucy
    Nov 18, 2014
  • Question: Where can I find filed bankruptcy?
    By j
    Apr 28, 2013

The PACER system, public access to court electronic records, is an online service that provides information from federal appellate, district bankruptcy courts. You can also link directly to all individual bankruptcy courts. If it’s the first time, there's an online tutorial link. Anyone can use the system by signing up and they're used by attorneys. The service offers a case locator before looking up individual courts if the user is not certain where the court is.

By jay