• Question: Where do I get the dates of prior marriages before 1980 in Maryland?
    By Sharon
    Jul 15, 2019
  • Question: Am I able to get records pertaining to the arrest? A record that includes what happened. I'm not sure who to contact to obtain this.
    By Nataliya
    Jul 26, 2017
  • Question: Trying to find a woman in custody that maybe pregnant with my child?
    By Joey
    Jul 11, 2017

    There are 2 searches you can check that are readily available to the public. For many in short term custody, the Maryland department of public safety and and correctional division provides a web page "division of pretrial detention and services", on the left of that web page you will a menu with the link "Find an Inmate". The web page also gives you information about the data, including for some short sentenced offenders. To get there, click on the link "Maryland Prison and Jail Inmates" listed under: Maryland Free Public Records Directory (above, on this page). Once you click on the link, go to the home page and click on the Pretrial Detention tab. For the other database, which searches long term inmates committed to the custody of the Commissioner of Correction, simply click on the mentioned link above, which will link you directly to the DPSCS search form.

    By abc123
    Jul 11, 2017

  • Question: Is the history of Maryland flooding problems open to the public?
    By toby
    Aug 01, 2016

    Maryland Department of the Environment and Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative Salisbury University August 2005 report shows Maryland’s flooding history from May 1860 to July 2004. You can view more such as Maryland's Vulnerability to Flood Damage assessment from the state's Department of the Environment (MDE). The USGS provides "Maryland and the District of Columbia: Floods and Droughts" page with more details about the effects of the floods.

    By aa
    Aug 01, 2016

  • Question: How can I get birth records for my great grandfather, born in 1828 in Maryland?
    By Bill
    Nov 12, 2015

    Archived records, such as genealogy information, are not the same as public records of persons still under privacy protections. Public records of persons not deceased have restrictions and its accessibility can vary from record to record and agency to agency. From 1800 to 1864, the state of Maryland didn't require recordings of any births. Local churches were the only ones recording births during these years. Maryland state archives are a main repository for church records.

    By timothy
    Jul 26, 2016

  • Question: I need a marriage certificate
    By Mimi
    Nov 19, 2015

    Aren't marriage records issued by the county clerk?

    By tj
    Feb 17, 2016


    Marriage certificate copies can be obtained thru any website that also provide birth and death certificates. There is a cost associated to get a copy with the raised seal. U can also go to the court house of the state and county which u got married in, there is a small fee associated with this method, I am sure it is cheaper than the websitres,

    By beentheredonethat
    Mar 17, 2016

  • Question: How can I get an arrest report for all areas in Maryland?
    By adam
    Jan 15, 2015

    Official full reports are generally obtained from the individual department which made the arrest. Records of arrests can be anything related to a person's arrest, such as a line up of inmates held in county or city jails. Arrest reports are more detailed, while records of arrest can show just a date, name/description of the offenders, reason for being in custody and maybe some other few details. Arrests are different from criminal records since a person that is arrested is not necessarily convicted, so they are similar to incident reports. In some cases you can get a incident report from an involved insurance company, that can be the same for arrest reports and attorneys involved.

    By admn-resp
    Oct 13, 2015

  • Question: Can I get an arrest record from 1970?
    By zebra64
    Aug 17, 2015

    Where did the arrest occur? There are 24 counties in Maryland with their own sheriffs departments and records units. Larger departments will have better online services, but you may have to reach the records unit regardless and see how far back they go, and whether their archived arrest records go to the state police.

    By admn-resp
    Sep 15, 2015

  • Question: Where can I find Maryland filed liens and judgments?
    By tony
    Jul 15, 2015
  • Question: I really need to find out about my boyfriend who he really is and what type of criminal recorcd he has.
    By Son
    Jan 20, 2015

    You need a starting point with the information you already have, the more you have the easier the search will be. Helpful information is the full name, including the middle initial/name and location, regardless of whether the address is old or not. You will be able see results from a number of free people locator databases. A people locator search is offered by many private companies that will initially show the person’s name, including the middle initial/name, date of birth, possible relatives and past residences. Past residences are important to see all the areas to search, including any outside of the state. This can broaden the scope of your entire search when you begin to capture all the data you can get and not leave out records in other states.

    Please mention the type of information you have, not personal information specific to the person, but generally the type/category of information that can reveal which databases can be helpful that are online now. For example: “I have the date of birth”, rather than posting the actual date itself. The age or approximate is also helpful. Is the name common or uncommon? Less popular names are easier to sort through.

    By adm
    Jul 14, 2015

  • Question: I am currently renting in a home that was foreclosed after I had moved in and sign a lease how do I find out who owns it now?
    By Stuck
    Jan 25, 2015

    The Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation has a free open public property search. You can search by parcel number, ID, street address or sales date. You will see transfer information, location information and structure data. The transfer information shows the seller, buyer, sale type and recorded price. It's instant information and you don't need to check one county assessor site to another, the same site allows to search counties throughout the state.

    By adm
    May 29, 2015

  • Question: I want to see what my criminal record looks like. I got into some trouble in Maryland a few years ago.
    By anonymous
    Jan 27, 2015

    The CJIS-Central Repository can conduct a fingerprint based criminal history search by requesting it directly. The Maryland department of public safety and correctional services offers background checks for employers, visas, gold seal letters and for your own review. You will need to go to a fingerprinting service center, (a list of which you can see on the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional services webpage) and be fingerprinted. Local police departments also offer this service to the public. You can also overnight it once you have the fingerprints to get the results sooner.

    By adm
    Mar 26, 2015

  • Question: Can you report a person missing if you actually know where they are all along?
    By chris
    Sep 01, 2012