• Question: How can I get a copy of a police report I did
    By Lorre
    Mar 23, 2016

Police reports are considered public records and are requested routinely from the department directly. In certain cases they can be difficult to obtain from the police if they're reluctant to provide it. If the case was filed, it will sometimes contain the police/incident report. The case file can be requested from the court records division. There's a public case search from the New Mexico's judiciary web pages that can help you get case number, court venue and other case information.

By abc123
    May 23, 2018

• Question: How can I find out how much I owe new Mexico in unpaid fines?
    By Travis
    May 23, 2018
  • Question: How can I find out how many time police we're call to my home by my wife
    By Gabe
    Mar 02, 2017

Have you checked crime mapping in your area? There are different sites which cover some areas better, so you'll have to try a few, search for "crime mapping" and the city or county name, or some police departments display it on one of their web-pages.

By adan12
    Mar 02, 2017

• Question: I was divorced in New Mexico in 1978 or 1979. How can I get a copy of the divorce papers?
    By Clair
    Feb 04, 2017
  • Question: I need my marriage certificate. Do you have it?
    By Jay
    Oct 24, 2016

You need to go the source where the marriage certificate is issued, marriage licenses are requested from the county clerk where the marriage took place according to the New Mexico Department of Health's website. Search for marriage certificate and the county name, you will see the clerk's webpage where to request the record.

By easyas123
    Oct 25, 2016

• Question: Where do I search for an incident report filed by Metro Transit Authorities
    By Sara
    Sep 13, 2016
  • Question: How to find out why someone is in the penitentiary.
    By Jan
    Jul 25, 2016

The New Mexico corrections department offender search is a free and lists incarcerated convicted inmates. The NM corrections search also provides the offenders photo, along with the description and current offenses (and past offenses when available).

Jul 25, 2016

• Question: How do I find out my fathers cause of death
    By Melisa
    Feb 12, 2016

Death certificates have the cause of death. Since you are related, you won't have an issue with policies and restrictions

By a1
    Jul 12, 2016

• Question: How can I find out if I have a warrant?
    By Joe
    Jun 28, 2016

It can depend on the type of warrant. For example, generally the local law enforcement departments such as Bernalillo County sheriffs offer an instant access to warrants published online. However, the state also publishes Child Support Bench Warrants, a program which began in July 2011. There are only 33 counties in NM, you may have to look into them individually if you're not sure where the warrant is out of. The motor vehicle department's website mentions that they do not publish warrants for public view.

By a
    Jun 28, 2016

• Question: Where do I go to find out if someone has put a restraining order on me
    May 14, 2016

The process for these applications are published online by various New Mexico courts where it tells you about parties being served, hearings and more. You can simply do a search for: how to file a restraining order in New Mexico. There’s a pdf form online outlining the requirements to file properly, below is a part of what it says: E. SERVE the other person the following papers: 1. The endorsed Application for Temporary Restraining Order; and 2. The endorsed Temporary Restraining Order

By danst
    Jun 09, 2016

• Question: How do I find out if divorce or annulment papers were filed in august 1998 or later
    By Linda
    Apr 17, 2016
  • Question: How do I find out what my land was worth in 1978?
    Mar 26, 2016
  • Question: How do I get a copy of my divorce records
    By Debby
    Aug 23, 2014

The court records in the district where the divorce happened. I looked up the second judicial district, and their domestic relation's webpage says that their division files and manages domestic relations issues, divorce-dissolution of records. New Mexico's courts have an open and free case look up search you can do online. You can view all cases or just domestic relations cases. Their url may change, so simply look under New Mexico case look up. The first page should take you to their disclaimer, after you accept the terms and enter a text, you will go to a welcomes case look up page. Cases can be selected by type, location or category. You can search as many times without being charged.

Nov 20, 2015

• Question: How to find active warrants in New Mexico?
    Aug 31, 2015

You can find active or outstanding warrants online with individual police sites, so it depends on where the warrant was issued out of? They can also be found in municipal court webpages. You can also find sites outside law enforcement or courts such the child support bench warrant search put in place by New Mexico's governor since 2011. There are some private websites which claim to offer warrant searches, however, when you search data from the original source such as an official government agency, you are more likely to get the most current data.

Nov 18, 2015

• Question: Can employers in New Mexico see arrest records?
    By flyer
    Feb 04, 2015

It is possible to tell with employers such as government agencies, and larger companies with standard guidelines and procedures which prohibit looking into information such as arrests without convictions. There are strict guidelines in some states such as California. You can check the background check laws in the state of your employer/employment. However, if a person decides to look outside a person's background check reports which omit arrests, certain areas make their warrants, or arrest information readily available online. Arrests from a detention center for example, will show the arrest for a period of time, however, if the information is picked up by a private site, it may be kept as data even after the original source (detention centers for example) no longer displays it. There isn't any tracking of persons which look up warrants or arrests as it is freely open to the anyone.

Nov 18, 2015

• Question: How can I get a police report on a death?
    By bernniee
    Feb 28, 2015

There are several types of police reports, arrest reports, incident reports and accident reports. You can go directly to the police station's website to see how to order the police reports.

By a1
    Oct 05, 2015

• Question: Can a person be found by license plate number, a physical address not a pobox
    By suzanne
    Sep 27, 2015
  • Question: There was a fire around 1984 at a costomology school in Roswell New Mexico. What happened to the students and why did they have to pay there student loans back when it was the fire that caused them not to finish there school?
    By lgk
    Sep 05, 2015
  • Question: I have been married for 13yrs and have not seen him in 12 yrs. Would like to divorce but have no money, I was told that I could get the divorce though the news papers if I printed my request for the divorce. I was told free of charge. Do you know this to be true?
    By Maryellen
    May 08, 2015

Getting legal advice from other posters without knowing knowing their credentials may not be a good approach. Visitor posts are to help with their knowhow to get the information, various sources that are open to the public and processes to obtain information. In your case, for low income earners, there’s an organization named Law Help New Mexico which can help answer many other questions that will come up once the first one is answered. Large number of their services involve family law cases. There are ten field offices throughout the state. A phone call may be enough to answer a simple question. There may be a process to go through, so checking with a credible source would be best.

By admn-resp
    May 13, 2015

• Question: The number of violent crimes by state in the USA from Dec 2013 to March 2015
    By Lynn
    Apr 01, 2015
  • Question: How can I find crimes on an individual?
    By Donn
    Nov 19, 2014

There are many different criminal searches which can be requested on an individual. The New Mexico Department of Public Safety offers the public a webpage with different types of criminal history checks from FBI to state background checks. You can also see incident reports and how to obtain them. The Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) allows the public to request records, but does not necessarily eliminate specific exclusions. You can request felony, misdemeanor and DWI offenses.

Jan 06, 2015