• Question: How do I see my charges? (New York)
    By Naf
    Jun 01, 2018

    You can check the filings at the courthouse's records department, you will need to know which county. Court records are generally open to the public unless sealed by the judge.

    By abc123
    Jun 01, 2018

  • Question: How do I find police incidences for a certain address?
    By Klee
    Jan 29, 2018
  • Question: Can I find NYC probation records of someone in the 1960s?
    By Luezette
    Nov 12, 2017
  • Question: Need help with how I can see my husbands criminal records free cause I don't have money to pay for it and I really want to know why he's in jail, cause I'm in California and have no way of getting ahold of him.
    By jolee
    Jul 30, 2016

    When inmates are in custody, their information is made available to the public. Many put their inmate rosters online, depending on which detention facility. The Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) allows open searches of their inmate population online. Click on the New York Prison and Jail Inmates link above and your landing page will be the query form.

    By abc123
    Jun 12, 2017

  • Question: How can I find out someone 's criminal record from 1986?
    By Frances
    May 25, 2017
  • Question: How can I find a disposition and police report from an old DUI arrest that happened 40 years ago?
    By Sandra
    Feb 14, 2017

    Police reports are obtained from the department which made the arrest or filled out the report. You can pull up the case directly from the courthouse using their services. Police reports can be found in case/trial files, which are generally public records. Therefore, you may be able to get both with one record search. Depending on the court or county the case was in, services to obtain the case can be either easy with online resources or less convenient.

    By abc123
    May 09, 2017

  • Question: How can I find the records of someone who died in penitentiary hospital in 1929
    By Brendan
    Apr 15, 2017
  • Question: How do I find members of an llc
    By Bruce
    Feb 14, 2017

    Search corporation and business entity database on the department of state, division of corporation's website. The search is open to anyone and there's no cost associtated with its use. You will be able to see name history of the company, officers, stock information, registered agents and other public information about the company.

    By arthur
    Feb 14, 2017

  • Question: I know someone who committed a crime in the state of New York but he was a very young juvenile probably about 8 or 9. However he cannot remember if the case was ever settled and we are trying to find out if there is an arrest warrant. How do I go about this and do it free of charge because I do not have the money to do a background search
    By Car
    Feb 11, 2017
  • Question: I need info on my misdemeanor arrest back in the 79's
    By Cressh
    Oct 07, 2016
  • Question: I was wondering , on average, what percentage of arrests are DUI arrest? I'm doing a project regarding the actuality of New York being the top state for binge drinking and it would be a huge help.
    By Highschool
    May 24, 2016

    The data can be found at DCJS, Computerized Criminal History system (as of 1/21/2016) For example: DWI for Albany from 2006 to 2015 is: 149 163 134 156 176 152 157 138 135 150, these are the felony dwi by individual year, the misdemeanors reports are separate (2006 to 2015): 1,532, 1,365, 1,266, 1,279, 1,149, 1,003, 932, 911, 953, 1,169 (for each year). There are many other statistics broken down into different categories, generally by county and crime type. Go to the Division of Criminal Justice Services' website, from there you'll see a tab on top "Statistics". from there, you will see the different categories of recorded crimes.

    By admn1
    Jun 16, 2016

  • Question: How can I find out what happened to a business? I have paid them for a years worth of services - they have not yet been at my home. When I look up the number online it says business is closed.
    By Karen
    Apr 19, 2016

    Businesses don't enjoy the same privacy individuals do. There's a free secretary of state search to see if it shows them being active or not. They may be under a dba, so you may have to look up other names they may be operating in. You can search court records to see if anything has been filed against them. Don't forget to search under the owners' names also just in case.

    By usa1
    May 12, 2016

  • Question: There are 24 death certificates in New York City (all boroughs) I can't purchase all of them. Is there some place I can see them so I can get the right one?
    By Ilene
    May 11, 2016
  • Question: How can I find out if my son has pass away
    By lorrie
    Apr 29, 2016
  • Question: How can I find out information on an LLC filed in orange county ny?
    By anonymous
    Apr 04, 2016

    What is the name of the LLC? There's a free search from the NY division of corportation. Enter the company's name and indicate whether the company's status is active or not, and the database will show company information freely.

    By adm
    Apr 19, 2016

  • Question: Are marrage licence a matter of public record
    By Margaret
    Mar 25, 2016

    If you go to the state's department of health you can see what is needed to request a marriage license copy. Also, you will see a link to archived or genealogy records, which are records of fifty years or older and both spouses are deceased.

    By ted
    Mar 31, 2016

  • Question: Do I have a active warrant for my arrest?
    By carmalo
    Mar 26, 2016

    There are different types of warrants. They are generally issued by the courts/judges, often for failing to appear at trial. Other reasons can be for failing to complete or prove community service, to pay a fine, to make an appearance on a case that's already proceeding or appear to begin serving their sentence. With civil cases, a warrant can be issued when a person failed to comply with a summons for jury duty or court order. In certain cases, the warrant search can be looked up online, it will be much easier to know which county/court. Onondaga is an example of a county warrant search that is open and online.

    By adm
    Mar 31, 2016

  • Question: Where could I find property records from 1990's for Watertown, NY?
    By anonymous
    Mar 17, 2016
  • Question: If I need to prove that someone is falsely saying that there was a restraining order filed against me by my former wife in 1999-2000 (there never was, and I have copy of uncontested divorce filing and agmt) - is there anywhere online that I can search for my record to show it is clean and no history of any restraining order?
    By Mike
    Feb 10, 2016

    You can try the freedom of information act to get a clearance

    By anonymous
    Mar 06, 2016

  • Question: Can record inquiries be made for a deceased persons?
    By Connie
    Dec 19, 2015

    If they've been deceased for a long time, wouldn't their records be in archives. It may be even easier as the same privacy laws may not apply.

    By anonymous
    Dec 22, 2015

  • Question: Need information about a legal guardianship in new York
    By none
    Jan 27, 2016
  • Question: Where do I find free public record /divorce-several years ago???
    By s.l.
    Jan 19, 2016

    Public records aren't necessarily free, just openly accessible to the public. If you want free records that the government departments usually charge for online, you will need to dig around, such as courthouse links specific to a certain county. New York courts have a .gov webpage (which means a government site) titled "Divorce In Your County". This webpage shows courts providing county specific online divorce data.

    By al
    Jan 20, 2016

  • Question: Trying to find my marriage records to see if I am still legally married
    By Sue
    Jan 18, 2016
  • Question: Where can I find a friend of mine who retired with a disability from sanitation dept on long island about 8 years ago
    By donna
    Jan 13, 2016
  • Question: How do I get a copy of a bankruptcy with the docket number and the discharge court date?
    By FT
    Nov 02, 2015

    The search above has bankruptcies is free and open to the visitors. It is limited to cases since 2014, and does not provide the entire case, but may still have the basic information you’re looking into.

    By admn1
    Dec 29, 2015

  • Question: How can I get a copy of my mariage certificate
    By Irma
    Dec 16, 2015

    City clerks offices

    By al
    Dec 22, 2015

  • Question: How do I find a list of all marriages in 5 northeastern states in 2015?
    By Lee
    Dec 13, 2015
  • Question: Where should I go to check the criminal record for somebody else
    By kk
    Jul 01, 2015

    Start out by looking into all addresses that appear under the individual's name, this will give you and idea if the person lived in other states/counties. Once you have a list (as complete as possible), all the counties/areas the person lived in, you're ready to look up their court records. Doing your own search is not too difficult, just time consuming. However, there are many more resources online now than before. New York state's e court services listed on the net will give you the option to search for criminal records. Once you enter this webpage, you will need to enter security characters and then you can begin to search for free by party name. You don't need to know the full first name, only the first two characters. Results will show defendant information, incident and arrest, attorney information, next/past appearances, motions and docket sentence.

    By adm
    Dec 11, 2015

  • Question: How can I find out if I'm prohibited from working because of my arrest background?
    By sarah
    Oct 27, 2015

    Arrests alone shouldn’t appear on general background checks which search criminal court records. Arrests do not always result in convictions, charges, going to court or having any other records thereafter. Arrest reports are often requested by a defense attorney, DA’s office, or others related to the case. To see what it takes to obtain an arrest report, you can simply go to the arresting department’s website and see the policy/qualifications followed for their request. You can conduct a search of yourself using the same background check source employers are likely to use. The state of New York lets you conduct a criminal background check through their Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS). You can request a "personal record review" which will show dismissed cases, violations or infractions, substance abuse convictions, youthful offender adjudications and more. This search shows what is out there more than your average background check used by employers. You can read more about it to find out what others can view by viewing the state's website's Personal Record Review Program page. However, this is usually true using background check services, there are other ways of looking up arrests that are out there online. Some sites freely show arrests they have obtained from jail rosters from many law enforcement agencies, including local departments. As individual law enforcement agencies show arrestees in efforts to help the public, private sites will pick up that information and republish it on their own sites. This makes finding the record easier for someone not as savvy with online searches or one that will access the police site directly. The same can go for newspapers which list the most recent arrests. These arrests can remain searchable for as long as the publication can be viewed.

    By a1
    Nov 03, 2015

  • Question: I recently found out my grandfather did time in 1932. How can I get any transcripts of his trail.
    By shorty
    Aug 04, 2015

    Are you aware of which court or where the trial was held?

    By a1
    Oct 06, 2015


    Was it a high court case, probate, chancery or other? The New York state archives has a page which tells you about cases from 1847 and forward.

    By a
    Nov 02, 2015

  • Question: Adoption records are "sealed" for good reasons. However, is there a time limit? The person of interest was born in 1815 and died 1955. How can one get information on that?
    By peter
    Oct 07, 2015
  • Question: I have a NYS mugshot from the 1970s. No name, just a number A8039. How can I find out who this is? Thanks!
    By Scoopasaurus
    Jul 26, 2015

    Do you have the department identification number or DIN? The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision's inmate look up instructions claim to have everyone confined to state prison since the seventies in their data. Excludes young offenders and expunged records by the court. The search is free and open to the public, you can look up anytime.

    By adm
    Oct 06, 2015

  • Question: How can I find out if my father had a will?
    By anonymous
    Oct 06, 2015
  • Question: How do I look up a legal name change that happened about 1950-1951?
    By cindi
    Sep 23, 2015
  • Question: Where is information regarding Tiffany's robbery July 9 or 10th 2015
    By bill
    Jul 12, 2015

    Local periodical carry stories similar to this incident, is it in an area where crime mapping shows incident from one street to another. There were 2 people that were arrested with for a burglary in Manhasset on Saturday, July 11, 2015

    By a1
    Sep 17, 2015

  • Question: I Got Married 1989 in The Bronx N Y,but was Divorced in 2008 in Ct, where Can I Get A Copy Of The Divorce Decree?
    By kenroy
    Aug 31, 2015

    This is according to the State Vital Records Office: for dissolution of Civil Union Decree, contact the Judicial District Clerk's Office where the divorce or dissolution was granted. In Connecticut, divorce decrees are called Judgment Files. You will need to give the clerk the name and docket number.

    By adm
    Sep 17, 2015

  • Question: I was married in 1974 I believe but haven't seen her in over 20years I'm wanting to remarry could you please tell me if I'm still married or not
    By Leo
    Sep 09, 2015
  • Question: I need DUI information on myself from 1995 for a job license in Fl
    By mary
    Aug 27, 2015
  • Question: I am looking for an arrest record of a military officer with the military police between the years of 1980 to 1983. To my understanding he forged documents to get into the military. The reason why I'm asking for information is that I have Ptsd and he was the cause of it and if I can get information on this I will be able to submit my claim to veterans disability compensation. thank you I know this is a small change that I will find anything.
    By marina
    Aug 23, 2015
  • Question: I was conceived in a drug treatment facility my mom was sent to in liberty new york in 1978. I didn't meet my father but I know he worked there how do I go about trying to find him. He isn't showing up on the nys doc website either
    By anonymous
    Aug 15, 2015
  • Question: Still trying to find out how to get court records for a trail in 1932
    By shorty
    Aug 09, 2015
  • Question: Marriage record 29 July 2006
    By Bert
    Jul 26, 2015
  • Question: How do I find who lives at a certain address.
    By Hunter
    Jul 25, 2015
  • Question: Left quadriplegic hit by vehicle info Free information or artticle to read onlline ny last 15 yrs thank you
    By rose
    Jul 24, 2015
  • Question: My father had been deported from new york at 1946. How can I find any criminal or public records about him
    By zeytin
    Jul 10, 2015
  • Question: How to find adopted cousins whose last name as changed once adopted?
    By giim
    Jul 09, 2015
  • Question: I am looking for a woman who was born in 1942 gave birth in sfo in 1968 and went back to ny.
    By and
    Jul 04, 2015
  • Question: Immunization records how do I get them if my physican has passed away
    By Dianna
    Jun 22, 2015

    The state of New York State Department of Health maintains records of immunizations that are required for physicians to submit for individuals under 19 y/o in the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS). The department of health has a website to help the public understand the laws and how it affects parents, providers and patients.

    By ad
    Jun 30, 2015

  • Question: What price did building at 347 west 29 st sell for in Mah 2014
    By Hillary
    Jun 22, 2015
  • Question: How can I find out if there is an order of protection
    By Bella
    Jun 06, 2015