• Question: How do I find out about judgements in a criminal case in North Carolina?
    By Loy
    Sep 06, 2018
  • Question: I need all judgements and civil lawsuits recorded back 15- 20 years.
    By MA
    May 16, 2018
  • Question: How do I find out who someone’s lawyer will be in criminal court?
    By Shelley
    Jan 07, 2018
  • Question: Can police reports be requested by other than subpoena or discovery in North Carolina
    By Rudy
    Nov 25, 2017

Police reports are generally considered public records with few exceptions. The process to request police can be seen on their individual department website. When the case is not sealed by a judge, and is available as they generally are, the court files may have the report or information of the report.

By AdamWest
    Nov 25, 2017

• Question: How can I find out all criminal records for a person
    By Deborah
    Oct 18, 2017

Check with the criminal court's records, which are generally open to the public unless sealed. Depending on the county, criminal court records can be obtained or viewed online. The link above (North Carolina Court Records) will take you to North Carolina District and Superior Court Query criminal cases on calendar in case there were recent filings.

By abc123
    Oct 18, 2017

• Question: How can I obtain records listed for 1999 on myself but I don't know what these records are for? I have 2 case numbers coming up on a background search done by a potential employer.
    By Angela
    Oct 18, 2017

The case numbers (not always) give some clues as to the type or where the case was filed. The North Carolina courts offer information about searches from their site. The clerks have contact information for any questions from the public. The North Carolina court system's website offers a background search for yourself or others, including business or agency purposes which employers may be using.

By adam12
    Oct 18, 2017

• Question: How can I find out if someone has a warrant for theier arrest
    Sep 24, 2017

Check with the county or local police department, they execute the warrants and some publish the warrant lists online.

By abc123
    Sep 26, 2017

• Question: How do I check to see if court papers were filed for an eviction?
    By Debra
    Aug 04, 2017
  • Question: I'm trying to find out about safety of a certain neighborhood
    By Joyce
    Sep 18, 2016

I have used crime mapping sites several times in the past and continue to do so. Crime mapping sites are not all the same, some cover certain areas, while others don't. So, if you don't see a certain neighborhood using a crime mapping site, doesn't mean they're not covered, try other ones. You will also see crime mapping site links on many law enforcement agency websites. You will see incidents based on a street address or zip code.

By abc123
    May 10, 2017

• Question: How can I find out if there was a civil suit previously filed against the builder of my home?
    By Kelly
    Sep 03, 2016

Try the court search above which can be expanded to all US states. Court records are public records, however, obtaining them is another issue. Public records do not need to be convenient, if certain records are easy to obtain from one county, they will not necessarily be as easy from another. You can also check business registrations to see the company's or parent company's status and standing.

By ted
    May 10, 2017

• Question: Fire history heath lane Mooresville nc 28117
    By jack
    Feb 19, 2017
  • Question: How can I obtain or print a copy of the HOA covenants filed in Haywood County??
    By Richard
    Dec 23, 2016
  • Question: Is a family trust a public record
    By Tommy
    Nov 21, 2016
  • Question: How do I find separation papers filed by someone else?
    Sep 17, 2016
  • Question: How do I see a list of people that are wanted in my County?
    By Anonymous
    Aug 29, 2016
  • Question: Where can I read precedent case results regarding the distribution of trust assets following the termination of a trust?
    By James
    Apr 25, 2016

That's a matter of legal research, not an issue pertaining to finding public records. North Carolina's laws/statutes are online and open to the public, start with looking up North Carolina General Statutes

By a1
    Jul 19, 2016

• Question: FIND INMATE WITHOUT HIS OFFENDER NUMBER
    By Debbie
    May 07, 2016
  • Question: How do I find arrest records if I don't know where he was arrested
    By Kris
    May 04, 2016

You can begin arrest news wires where you can see all recent arrests listed by date. Under "North Carolina Free Arrest Records" is a list of arrests, which can go further back in time by expanding the page (clicking on "more"). Arrest information is released by individual police/sheriffs departments along with news organizations. There's no guarantee as to all arrests will show up from just about any source, however, it is an open and free search worth checking and used by many.

May 04, 2016

• Question: How do I find licence plate ownership
    By Gary
    Apr 22, 2016
  • Question: Where do I find license, education and general info
    By Mslinda
    Apr 05, 2016

By license, if you mean a professional license checks, they can be conducted individually (such as counselors, it's the North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors). You will need to look up records individually, there's no free site where you can simply enter a name and everything shows up for free. You will need to dig them up, and in certain cases pay a fee which may come from any government records division.

By aa
    Apr 20, 2016

• Question: Trying to look for my grandparents. My mom was born bessie lee norwood in 1949. She passed away in 2013 and never gave us names of her parents.
    By Nancy
    Mar 27, 2016

Wouldn't this type of information be archived? The records you're looking for will need to go back many years. Archived records, or of the deceased are not under the same public records laws. States that do not allow open general public access to vital records (marriage, death, birth, divorce...), however, records that are over fifty years old or of the deceased are available to anyone. Have you tried ancestry searches or archives?

Mar 29, 2016

• Question: How can I see if a Deed of Trust & an Assignment of Rents has been recorded
    Mar 23, 2016
  • Question: How can I verify an accurate birth date for someone born in North Carolina in 2005?
    By Julie
    Mar 20, 2016
  • Question: How can I tell if someone has been arrested for Domestic violence?
    By Polly
    Mar 02, 2016

If there not a conviction on DV then there are several ways to pull up someone arrest record tho. If u google the persons name,, it will pull up any newspaper or online stories regarding incidents that lead to that persons arrest, u can also pay for a background search with all information on any public record website.

By beentheredonethat
    Mar 17, 2016

• Question: Can you tell me if there is death certificates , land or property deeds, and wills for my father
    By Ray
    Feb 24, 2016

If u call the Dept. of Vital Records for the state in which ur father passed away in. U can also use the websites that provide u with marriages, family member names, current address past and present. Also will provide any pertinate information regarding deeds and a will. The death certificate request form can be found on the official NC website, u type in the name and other information, the cost varies depending on how quickly u need the hard copy.

By beentheredonethat
    Mar 17, 2016

• Question: How can I find the name of the person responsible for death of R Clark Aug 22 1970 in Deppe NC
    Mar 17, 2016
  • Question: How can I view a case involving a stolen TV for 2014
    By Ashley
    Jan 27, 2016

If you know the case number or defendants name, the best place to start is the non emergency number for the police department in which city you live in.

By hello
    Feb 21, 2016

• Question: How do I find out how to pay for damages back to the state? ?
    Feb 18, 2016
  • Question: How do I find marriage certifacare
    By gypsy
    Jan 31, 2016

Marriage Certificates from 1962 to present can be requested from NC Vital Records Department of health and human services. You can also get them from the register of deeds in the county where the marriage happened. If you're in Raleigh, you can walk in for same day service. The certificate is twenty four dollars and covers a three year period. You can see more about it on the request form online. The form also mentions to check whether you are requesting it for yourself, or if you're the grandparent, parent/step-parent, spouse, brother/sister, child or authorized agent, attorney or legal representative of the person listed (you will need to show proof).

By a1
    Feb 02, 2016

• Question: How do I get Small Claims Court Records
    By Bill
    Jan 21, 2016
  • Question: Whats going on on a robbery case in jan.2016 at hillcrest apartments in Asheville ncma
    By ma
    Jan 12, 2016
  • Question: How can I find a marriage license for 1971
    By Patty
    Jan 10, 2016
  • Question: For WHAT offense is Citation #C2916146
    By Tex
    Jan 09, 2016
  • Question: How can I locate a report on a fatal car crash in Greensboro in 1995
    By Candy
    Jan 08, 2016
  • Question: Can you find if a person owes child support on free public records?
    By Cybil
    Jan 06, 2016
  • Question: Can you search generic such as judgements without having a name
    By George
    Dec 25, 2015
  • Question: We're can I find records of a civil judgement
    Dec 21, 2015
  • Question: How can I fine out where my grand daughter teach school?
    By CAL.
    Dec 19, 2015
  • Question: Where do I look if someone has a lawsuit...
    By mr
    Dec 07, 2015
  • Question: I need to find the release date of a former convict.
    By K.
    Dec 07, 2015
  • Question: Can you get driver license if you owe $1000 for a civil suit?
    By DayrealsGirl77
    Nov 30, 2015
  • Question: How do I locate traffic violations?
    By Trish
    Nov 13, 2015

There is a free North Carolina statewide citation/traffic violation search that can be conducted by following this link https://www.nccourts.gov/ you will arrive at the state court's home page where you will find a set of links on the right. Look for the court calendars link (the seventh one down from the top). The court calendars page will have another set of four links, click on Court Calendars, and that will take you to the next page with the link: Citation Query by Defendant Name, on the left side of the page. Once you enter that link, you will be able to search citations by name freely and instantly. If you don't put anything other than a letter, such as "S" for example, you will see all the defendants with the last name starting with S, you do not need to know the entire last name.

Nov 24, 2015

• Question: We have a docket number, the defendant's name but cannot locate the charges as it was dismissed in 2007. where do I search for charges that were dismissed after a plea arrangement?
    By mark
    Nov 07, 2015

Have you tried https://www.nccourts.gov/ you can search the courts and see where the records of it may be.

By dan
    Nov 24, 2015

• Question: Why is it so hard to get access to criminals arrest data.
    By Lady
    Sep 12, 2015

Arrests can be requested directly from the department which made the arrest. You can see people which have been recently arrested by looking up inmate searches, either the North Carolina Department Of Public Safety Offender Public Information or more local searches that offer inmate population searches.

Sep 21, 2015

• Question: Where do I find out who owns an abandoned house?
    By bj
    Feb 19, 2013

North Carolina register of deeds are the ones in charge of property records. These are county departments that record, maintain and provide copies of deeds. Not all counties offer the same online services pertaining to requesting records, however, they all have the same responsibilities and these records are deemed public by state statute. The ease of online access is not guaranteed nor are any fees associated with obtaining the record as long as it is not cost prohibitive. Each county has a site where the recorders' clerks can be contacted. These are official records. Reverse address searches from private entities may only provide a name, but still helpful as you will obtain a name for cross reference and see if the tenants were also owners.

By jen
    Feb 20, 2013

You can also contact the tax department in the county in which the property is located.

By Storm
    Sep 13, 2015

• Question: Where can I find information about my father's estate being closed?
    By bobbie
    Aug 21, 2015

Contact the Clerk of Court's office and ask for the Estate Division in the county in which your father's estate was filed.

By Paula
    Sep 13, 2015

• Question: Can you find out if charges have been filed against you?
    By tarheel
    Aug 03, 2015

Contact your local magistrates office and ask for any outstanding processes that might be against you.

By Paula
    Sep 13, 2015

• Question: Where can I find marriage records
    By Kmdavis
    Mar 29, 2015

At the Register of Deeds offices.

By Storm
    Sep 13, 2015

• Question: I need a copy of my marriage license
    By anthony
    Jul 21, 2013

Contact the Register of Deeds office in the county that you were married in.

By Storm
    Sep 13, 2015

• Question: How Can I find out if my husband divorced me from another state ?
    By gj