State of Connecticut Question and Answers

  • Q:
    Where do to obtain police reports in the state of Connecticut?
    By anonymous
    Mar 24, 2015
    You will need to consider which police department is the one which made the report of arrest, incident, accident or field report. The Connecticut State Police provides accident reports online through a service named Docview where the public can make their requests. Accident or incident reports are also available by mailing the Request for Copy of Report form to the state police's reports and records division. It is important to note that the state police provides reports taken by their officers. Arrest or incidents in areas not under the state police's jurisdiction need to be requested by the law enforcement department which made out the report. Individual local police departments records divisions provide arrest and incident reports routinely to persons related to the case and should have a process and policy in place. Many government agencies will have a designated public information officer or records clerk to process these requests.
    By admn-resp
    Mar 24, 2015

Post Your Comment or Question

6 x 3 =