State of Illinois Question and Answers

  • Q:
    How do I find out if someone is divorced?
    By Mar
    Jun 04, 2015
    Most state department of health provide divorce/vital records, or dissolution of marriage as the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) names it. The IDPH can only verify facts such as names of persons divorcing, dates of birth, event and the location of the divorce beginning 1962 to the present index date. For official (certified) copies you need to contact the circuit court clerk of the county where the divorce occurred/granted. A list of all circuit court clerks can be viewed online by clicking on the link 'Illinois Court Records:', on the home page you will see the 'Courts' tab, select 'circuit', then click on #3 Circuit Court Clerks/Contact Information, and you will see a list of all clerks and their contact information.
    By adm
    Jun 24, 2015

Post Your Comment or Question

4 x 2 =