State of Minnesota Question and Answers

  • Q:
    Can arrests for driving while intoxicated be expunged?
    By nate
    Feb 02, 2015
    Arrests and criminal records are two different types of records. An arrest in most cases will not appear in your typical criminal background checks. Official arrest reports can be requested directly from the agency which made the arrest and took the report. The Minnesota judicial branch (courts) website spells out the basics of criminal record expungements. There are certain crimes which are not expunge-able and driving while intoxicated is amongst the types of records which to do not qualify according to the court’s website. Conducting a Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) search will show what is on record to begin with and view what others can access. You may not even be aware of what is on record before that. There's a list of employers categories which are eligible to request a BCI report, it is open to the public with restrictions.
    By admn1
    Feb 24, 2015

Post Your Comment or Question

1 x 3 =