State of North Carolina Question and Answers

  • Q:
    Trying to look for my grandparents. My mom was born bessie lee norwood in 1949. She passed away in 2013 and never gave us names of her parents.
    By Nancy mehring
    Mar 27, 2016
    Wouldn't this type of information be archived? The records you're looking for will need to go back many years. Archived records, or of the deceased are not under the same public records laws. States that do not allow open general public access to vital records (marriage, death, birth, divorce...), however, records that are over fifty years old or of the deceased are available to anyone. Have you tried ancestry searches or archives?
    By adm
    Mar 29, 2016

Post Your Comment or Question

1 x 2 =