Vermont Public Records Questions and Answers (FAQ)

Vermont Public Records Questions and Answers (FAQ)
captcha   captcha-refresh
  • Where can I find in Vermont, who was in jail from September 21st, 2012 until October 4th, 2012?
    You will need to look into local police records for arrest requests. Statewide authorities have access to arrest information for themselves, but do not offer them to the public. The department of public safety allows for criminal record checks. If the arrest is recent, there are police logs online which show their detainees. One place many don't check which doesn't cost anything is the state of Vermont's department of corrections. If there was a conviction and sentenced in Vermont, this search can help, which also means there are court records with more information. The Vermont Judiciary offers a criminal record check for a fee, it can be requested with an online form, but it must be turned in at the court's public service counter or by mail only. There are court and attorney service companies which can deliver the form, there's no signature line in this form. (Staff)
  • Where can I find in Vermont, access to my bench warrant and how much and where I need to pay?
    Certain city, county or state websites have services and information regarding traffic and citation issues. Courts and law enforcement can also have links in regard to traffic. (Staff)