• Question: Interested to know the status or outcome of a murder case, where do I look?
    By Dwight
    Aug 02, 2019
  • Question: How can I find out what charge are on my niece in West Virginia and what jail she is in?
    By Carolyn
    Feb 19, 2018
  • Question: Where can I find court proceedings
    Jun 03, 2017

You can check filings by using the search for underneath [West Virginia Free Court Records Search] for federal cases. For lower circuit courts, you'll need to check with that particular county or court of jurisdiction. The searches may not even be online and you may required to go to the physical location's records department.

By abc123
    Nov 15, 2017

• Question: How can I find out what time my court date is when its the weekend and no one is open
    Jan 07, 2017

Check the court dockets online. You can look up from the state's Supreme to county district courts.

By AdamWest
    Nov 15, 2017

• Question: How do I find out if someone got arrested in a drug raid?
    By dittybug
    May 25, 2017

You can find arrests and police activity in various department logs as well as through periodicals such as news reports that are published regularly. Depending on the county or city, you can also view persons in custody. The West Virginia regional jail and correctional facility authority has a web page which provides pubic searches for inmates and daily incarcerations. These searches also include mug shots of people that are being held in custody.

By abc123
    Oct 11, 2017

• Question: Hi, I'm wondering if you could tell me how I could see a list of all televised court trials that have taken place in the last 15 years in the state. Is there a place that I could obtain that info? Thanks! Dana Flor
    By Dana
    Oct 10, 2017
  • Question: I need to obtain an arrest record of someone that was released already. The jail removes them once they have been released. I need to see the charges.
    By TZ
    Aug 23, 2017

You can either check court records in the county (if you know the county), or run a background check and look up the state at once. Depending on how thorough you want to be, you can even go to the court house in person and look at the entire case file. Criminal case filings are public records and open for inspection by anyone other than a few exceptions such as if it was sealed by the courts.

By abc123
    Aug 23, 2017

• Question: Will a first offence shoplifting charge show up on a WVDHHR background check.
    By Cheryl
    Apr 05, 2017
  • Question: My friend was arrested, how do I find out what the charges are?
    By Kim
    Mar 19, 2017
  • Question: How do I find out if I have a warrant
    Sep 15, 2016

Depends on the county or court which issued it. Kanawha County Sheriff's webpage has an open online warrant search anyone can look up. Nicholas county sheriffs in Summersville WV also has an open warrants search.

Sep 29, 2016

• Question: How do I find proof of a divorce
    By Charity
    Sep 01, 2016
  • Question: How to find court docket on a car accident case
    By melissa
    Jul 01, 2016
  • Question: How do I find out who was arrested at my neighbors house?
    May 09, 2016
  • Question: I need to get a copy of my divorce papers. Who can I talk to?
    By Erik
    Nov 14, 2015

Where was the divorce filed? County?

By a1
    Dec 21, 2015

I need a copy of my divorce papers filed in Charleston, WV in Kanawha County. Where can I find those from the 1960's?

By Cecil
    Apr 29, 2016

You can try the county clerk's office directly, if it is archived, they can tell you where their archives are sent and kept. The clerk's webpages only mention providing and recording documents, but didn't see it written anywhere how far back the records go.

By danrj
    Apr 29, 2016

• Question: How to find out charges; son arrested tonight, no warrant presented.
    Apr 21, 2016

Check the department's arrest log, can't say without knowing the county. The WV regional jail and authority publishes arrests, some pretrial and others post conviction. You will not see charges, but you will be able to get the case number and location of the facility. The information includes whether the person in custody is a pretrial felon or misdemeanor.

By harford
    Apr 29, 2016

• Question: How do you look up people wages who make over 65,000
    Jan 11, 2016

Begin with the bureau of labor statistics, they cover all state's non-farm payroll data detailed for all states. You can see earnings by industry, demographics, occupation and few other parameters. There is a webpage " Occupational Employment Statistics" it is an open view chart which you can sort by salary.

Apr 29, 2016

• Question: How to find out if someone has a warrant in the state of WV Or on a FBI list?
    By ys
    Mar 20, 2016
  • Question: How to know if someone was arrested?
    By Stoney
    Mar 12, 2016
  • Question: Wondering how I can find out if someone has a felon charge on them mug shot
    By sami
    Feb 22, 2016
  • Question: Hello, I am trying to locate family members . Can you assist me?
    By Linda
    Jan 20, 2016
  • Question: How can I get a full background check on a deceased family member?
    By Voice
    Dec 07, 2015

How long ago where the records? Courts can be different regarding how long they go back with their records.

Dec 21, 2015

• Question: How do I obtain court disposition paperwork? The magistrate court does not have it because it is too old. They said to get it from the WV state police who said to get it from the FBI who said to get it from the WV state police.
    By Cole
    Dec 21, 2015
  • Question: How many women and children that went missing have never been found? (State and Country wide)
    By Voice
    Dec 07, 2015
  • Question: Trying to find death certificate
    By Laur
    Nov 14, 2015
  • Question: How can I find if a Police Report has been filed with the WV State Police of a reported crime?
    By Peggy
    Oct 29, 2015
  • Question: How can I get an error corrected on my criminal record.
    Jul 17, 2015

The form: Petition for Expungement of Criminal Records Provided Under WV Code has the information in eight pages online. You can either look it up by searching the form's name or by the West Virginia Judiciary's site and search for "Expungement of Criminal Record".

Oct 20, 2015

• Question: Criminal record
    By Deidre
    Aug 19, 2015

You can begin by seeing which criminal records you can get on your own first before using the WV state police’s check, or other services that will do the search for you. For some criminal records, doing your own search can turn out to provide more information, such as getting an entire case file from criminal courts, requesting full police arrest reports and individuals still in custody or released from a facility. There are procedures and policies imposed by police departments and courts to provide even public records. Individual departments can also charge a fee, although relatively low, to provide public records. Is your search specific to a county? Few counties? Or the entire state of West Virginia? Many records are held by individual local departments, therefore an address search is a good starting point. However, that should not limit the search as people get arrested in various areas that would not appear in address searches. Records can either provide information that you are originally looking for, or lead to more. Remember that you are conducting your own search and there will be work going from one department/records office to another.

By admn-resp
    Sep 16, 2015

• Question: Do West Virginia have open adoption records from 1977 for the person who is looking for his/her child/or parent
    By Maxine
    May 13, 2015
  • Question: Where do I submit request for dash cam footage from weston wv patrolman
    By chuck
    Jan 13, 2015
  • Question: How can I find out if someone is wanted in west virginia
    By LL
    Feb 04, 2013

The following search are available to the public from the West Virginia State Police's website: West Virginia State Police Most Wanted West Virginia State Police Cold Case Files WV Division of Corrections Parole Absconders Web Link US Marshals Service 15 Most Wanted West Virginia Eastern Panhandle Most Wanted FBI's Web Site with Most Wanted

By al
    Feb 06, 2013

• Question: I am trying to find out about a dwi accident occurred early Thursday morning involving at least two young men one from Ohio who died in the crash
    By Lin